I keep getting this. This isn’t designed for ultra long range FPV. Sure, it’s so good that as shown, it can do that. But that’s not what this is all about.
This product is about having an ultra low latency, very reliable 2.4 GHz video link with RC and Mavlink. The applications?
- Controlling aerial cinematography drones where you can switch between the HDMI camera and our own custom (piloting) camera, or if you want, two HDMI cameras (why would you do that? Well, now you can).
- The HDMI input board cable is so long and flexible it will be able to go around a stabilised gimbal without interfering with it. It will be a breeze. Wait for it to be shown here.
- The big majority of the “zero delay” broadcast market, where the average product is a $3000 metal brick with a 300-foot range and they forget to tell you yes, transmission latency is 1 milliseconds instead of our 25 milliseconds but camera latency is usually at least 100 ms, so you are paying an extra $2500 to have 101 ms instead of 125 ms worth of latency. That has to be the best marketing ever.
- Surveying fields and running YOLO (You Only Look Once) on the ground HDMI out (yes, some crazy people that are maybe reading actually play with this).
- Sure, FPV. Anything but ultra crazy fast drone racing where people actually notice a 30 vs 45 ms latency difference. Good luck cracking that nut.
- ???. You can help me fill in this field in the comments because honestly, there are so many of them.
Closer range tests are coming but I’m extremely busy working full time on this thing so that I can show you renderings of the product and convince you to finally put in that preorder.